Requirements Prior to Wedding
- Active Church membership
- Previously married couples
- If one of the spouses has been previously married, a copy of the divorce must be presented well in advance.
- If the previous marriage took place in an Orthodox Church, a Decree of Ecclesial Divorce must be presented well in advance.
- Interfaith marriages
- The non Orthodox bride/groom must be a Christian who has been baptized in the name of the Holy Trinity. Please inform Father Peter as the Orthodox Church does not accept all baptisms.
The Role of the Sponsor
- The koubara/o must be a member in good standing of the Church
- If he/she is married, it must be blessed by the Orthodox church
- The couple may still have a best man and maid of honor but the koumbaro/a will stand beside the couple
Setting a Date
- Reservations for dates are made by appointment by the couple and Father Peter
Items Needed for the Wedding Day
- Two decorated candles
- Silver wedding tray filled with koufeta
- Bottle of red wine (can be purchased through the church)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the length of ceremony?
- What are the fees?
- Are there any dates which are not permitted?
Great Lent & Holy Week
All Holy Days of our Lord